Saturday, May 29, 2010

Romance

"I delight greatly in the Lord;
my soul rejoices in my God,
For he has clothed me with garments of
salvation and has arrayed me
in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridgegroom adorns his head
like a priest, and as a bridge adorns
herself with her jewels.
For as the soil makes the sprout come up
and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign Lord will make
righteousness and praise spring
up before all nations." Isaiah 61: 10-11

This chapter reminds me of worship, marriage, and travel. I guess the romance of life.

I know it's really about a sacred romance. I find the romance in worship as I call out to my beloved to delight in me, and he calls back that he delights in me and more than that! I commune deeply during worship as the Lord dances over me with words and spirit drawing me nearer to him...

I think of the romance of my wedding: secretly waiting for my betrothed, washing, dressing, and preparing to meet him. Being brought to him and given to him. Pronouncing love and vows that the promise of death will only separate. The intensity of the eyes meeting with just the two of us, but in a room full of captive people...waiting to celebrate our union!

I think of the romance of travel. The beauty, color and lushness of culture. The wonder of new language and new people. The mystery and greatness of God hovering over each country and expressing his attributes, his uniqueness, his diversity in such subtle and at times dramatic ways!

Yes, I'm reminded of the romance of God today. I am in Worship. I am in Marriage. I am in Culture, and I am dancing in wonder in these places. Thank you God for inviting me to dance, to worship and to express what your heart is speaking to mine. I am in love with you and I desire you above all else! Spring Up Oh Lord! The Bride, and The Nations are captivated by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment