Friday, April 23, 2010

ONLY A FEW FIND IT!

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14

I was thinking about what it means to be in relationship with Jesus today. I guess, when I was young in faith I was so focused on the fact that Jesus saved me out of sin. That is very true and daily I am reminded of my need of Jesus to save me from what is a lie...

Though the older I get and the more I am in touch with my reality, need, and struggle, and the more I have encountered personal failure and crises in my life, I now realize that Jesus did come to save me from my sin and self-centeredness, but the goal for his coming, or the higher purpose to which he was called was to speak, give birth, and deliver a message of Life in, over, around and among us. He came to resurrect what was once dead in us in order to bring life to us and others. He came to challenge us to find Life in and around him, in and around us, and in and around those beloved and sometimes lost ones among us...

This should be the goal towards a Life worth fighting for....

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

"Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life..." John 11:25

"Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life." John 14:6

Begin today and ask yourself, what does it mean to have more life?? Then wait on Jesus...and when he answers you run towards that life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment